[DCRM-L] FW: Further on proof reading

Mon Sep 11 09:14:07 MDT 2006

Dear proofreaders,

Some advice from Barry Hinman, which strikes me as very sound. --DJL

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu  |  202.675-0369  |  http://www.folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry E. Hinman [mailto:bhinman at stanford.edu]
Sent: Monday, 11 September, 2006 11:02
To: Deborah J. Leslie
Subject: Further on proof reading

I didn't say in my initial note, but I should have, as I intended to,
that I printed out the section I was responsible for--G.  I did not
print out p. 1-40 but read them on screen [I had downloaded the text to
my hard drive].  As as result, of course, I couldn't see as clearly the
formatting things that the person responsible for that area saw.  So
proof readers are advised to print out the text they are responsible
for.

--
Barry E. Hinman
Special Collections Librarian for Cataloging
bhinman at stanford.edu