[DCRM-L] Introduction: question re: FRBR terms

Ann W. Copeland auc1 at psulias.psu.edu
Wed Sep 13 09:01:23 MDT 2006

In the Final Report
http://www.ifla.org/VII/s13/frbr/frbr.pdf#search=%22frbr%22 :

3.1.1 - Group 1 Entities ... (12)
next to last sentence: The entities defined as manifestation (the
physical embodiment of an expression of a work)...

which echoes Ryan's suggested wording.

On page 22, final paragraph:

Defining manifestation as an entity also enables us to draw
relationships between specific manifestations of a work.

I don't think as it is written in DCRM (B) that it is wrong - I do
think we can talk about manifestations of a work or of an expression.
But I also agree that the proposed change in wording is fine. How's
that for sitting on the fence? Annie