[DCRM-L] Quoted notes was Area 2 comments

Jane Gillis jane.gillis at yale.edu
Wed Sep 20 13:26:46 MDT 2006

I agree with Randy on this.

"Preface to the first edition"--P. 5-7  means to me that those words
are found on p. 5-7
"Preface of the first edition": p. 5-7   means to me that the preface
to the first edition is found on p. 5-7

I don't think I have ever seen such things as:

"Author bibliography"--P. 31-355

or

"Generally considered to be by William Langland": Oxford companion to
English literature

There is a difference in these 2 kinds of punctuation.

Jane