[DCRM-L] Introduction comments

Thu Sep 21 16:19:25 MDT 2006

Thanks to Jain for the clarification on PCC full. I am on the side of
downplaying the BIBCO aspect, and so would support Manon's idea of
putting this information in a footnote for both full and core. D.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
http://www.folger.edu/bsc/index.html
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu || 202.675-0369 || http://www.folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Manon Theroux
Sent: 21 September 2006 17:30
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: RE: [DCRM-L] Introduction comments

It's true that core started out as a PCC endeavor, unlike full, but
since the current reality is that any library can create a core-level
record, just as any library can create a full-level record, I think it
makes sense to account for all 4 variations of these two levels in some
way (full, core, PCC full, PCC core). Especially if it might help to
eliminate confusion about options! If we wanted to downplay the BIBCO
aspect in the Intro sections on core and full, we could put the
sentence(s) about the BIBCO authority record requirements in footnotes.
I think Joe was arguing along these lines at one point, wasn't he?

-Manon