[DCRM-L] Emergency: 2C3.2, again

at2186 at columbia.edu at2186 at columbia.edu
Mon Feb 12 20:28:45 MST 2007

Deborah,

Here's what I said about this example when you asked in 2005. As I
recall there was no response, so perhaps it wasn't helpful (and
still won't be). But it still seems pertinent to me. In short, I
believe DCRM(B) retains 2C3.2 because (as in AACR2) an Area 2
phrase lacking the identification of a person or corporate body
doesn't qualify as a legit "statement of responsibility" and
therefore isn't punctuated like one.

That I think is a plausible answer for why the rule exists as
is--AACR2 compliance.

--Alex

----- Forwarded message from Alex Thurman <at2186 at columbia.edu>
-----