[DCRM-L] cum pruilegio

Ann W. Copeland auc1 at psulias.psu.edu
Tue Feb 13 07:13:22 MST 2007

Deborah,

   In (B)

1A2.2. Omission of pious invocations, etc. Omit, without using the
mark of omission, information found on the title page that
constitutes neither title information nor a statement of
responsibility. Such information may include pious invocations,
quotations, devices, announcements, epigrams, mottoes, prices, etc.
(see 0G5.2). Transcribe or describe this kind of information in a
note if it is considered important. If such information is a
grammatically inseparable part (see 1B1) of one of the elements of
the title and statement of responsibility area, however, transcribe
it as such. If such information constitutes the only title-like
information present in the source, it may be used as a devised title
according to the provisions of 1B5.

0G5.2. Information not considered part of any area. If omitting
grammatically separable information from the transcription because it
is not considered part of any area (pious invocations, etc.; see
1A2.2), do not use the mark of omission. If considered important,
give the omitted information in a note.

7A1.2. Notes, by their nature, cannot be enumerated exhaustively, but
can be categorized in terms of the areas of description to which they
pertain. In addition to notes relating to these areas, there are
notes that do not correspond to any area of the formalized areas of
description. Occasionally it may be useful to group together notes
which refer to more than one area, for instance when they are all
based on one source within the work, such as a privilege statement.

Annie