[DCRM-L] Call for volunteers

Fri Jan 26 10:17:30 MST 2007

I should have mentioned that one must be a member of the American
Library Association / Association of College and Research Libraries /
RBMS. Committee members commit themselves to attend Bibliographic
Standards meetings (Saturday morning, 0800-1230) at all four ALA
meetings of their term.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
 <mailto:djleslie at folger.edu> djleslie at folger.edu  |  202.675-0369  |
http://www.folger.edu <http://www.folger.edu/>

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Deborah J. Leslie
Sent: Friday, 26 January, 2007 11:23
To: DCRM-L
Subject: [DCRM-L] Call for volunteers

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

Dear friends of the RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee,

There will be a couple or three vacancies on the Bibliographic Standards
Committee for terms starting after annual 2007. I will be leaving the
committee, and Randal S. Brandt, Principal Cataloger of the Bancroft
Library at Berkeley, has already been appointed to replace me.

All those wishing to volunteer for a two-year term as Bibliographic
Standards member (renewable once at the chair's discretion), either
regular or intern, please send me a private email expressing your
interest. It should contain a general statement on your background in
rare book cataloging, and why you would be interested in becoming a
member of Bib Standards. If you happen to have particular interest in
any of the BSC activities, such as rule-making, thesaurus work, or
helping to develop preconference seminars, I'd be interested in learning
that, as well. If you have volunteered in the past, please do so again
so that I know you're still interested.

I will give my recommendations to Christian Dupont, RBMS
vice-chair/chair-elect, who will make the appointments sometime in the
spring.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
djleslie at folger.edu
 <http://www.folger.edu> http://www.folger.edu