[DCRM-L] Call for volunteers

Fri Jan 26 09:23:19 MST 2007

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

Dear friends of the RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee,

There will be a couple or three vacancies on the Bibliographic Standards
Committee for terms starting after annual 2007. I will be leaving the
committee, and Randal S. Brandt, Principal Cataloger of the Bancroft
Library at Berkeley, has already been appointed to replace me.

All those wishing to volunteer for a two-year term as Bibliographic
Standards member (renewable once at the chair's discretion), either
regular or intern, please send me a private email expressing your
interest. It should contain a general statement on your background in
rare book cataloging, and why you would be interested in becoming a
member of Bib Standards. If you happen to have particular interest in
any of the BSC activities, such as rule-making, thesaurus work, or
helping to develop preconference seminars, I'd be interested in learning
that, as well. If you have volunteered in the past, please do so again
so that I know you're still interested.

I will give my recommendations to Christian Dupont, RBMS
vice-chair/chair-elect, who will make the appointments sometime in the
spring.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library