[DCRM-L] Pagination and Note Questions

Wed Jan 24 19:27:51 MST 2007

djleslie at folger.edu
http://www.folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Jenny Schroeder
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 6:21 AM
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: [DCRM-L] Pagination and Note Questions

I am been cataloging individual medical theses from the University of
Edinburgh that are bound together by year.

I recently came across a thesis that consists of two non-complete theses

with the same title but different authors bound together as if they were

one complete thesis.

My questions are:

How would I record pagination since I actually have two different and
non-complete theses (pages 19-22 and pages 9-21)?
    -- Should it be: [2] leaves, p. 19-22, p. 9-21.

How would I document the signatures since I have two different
non-complete theses bound as if they are one thesis?
    -- I think I would not attempt to record the signatures since they
are so confusing and out of order.

How would I document a note explaining what the error is and what this
bound thesis consists of (two non-complete theses)?
    -- Should it be: Mis-bound thesis consists of p. 19-22 of Lachlan
John Cameron's thesis Dissertatio medica inauguralis de enteritide ;
Missing p. 1-8.

Thanks so much,

Jenny Schroeder
Ebling Health Sciences Library