[DCRM-L] questions about use of 541 field

Hartman, Laura A. (NIH/NLM) [E] laurah at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Oct 11 12:17:09 MDT 2007

Manon,

NLM constructs its 541 fields using the $3 and placing the $c before the
$a.  We also follow the practice shown in the MARC documentation of
separating the subfields with semi-colons.  All of our notes are
distributed to OCLC, so we add a $5 as well.

Example:

541 $3 Copy 2; $c Gift; $a National Center for Homeopathy; $d 2007. $5
DNLM

Best regards,
Laura

Laura Hartman