Fwd: RE: [DCRM-L] Citing ESTC

Elizabeth Robinson vava_22304 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 10:11:55 MDT 2007

Here's the follow-up. The present proposal is for all
the old, out-of-date citation forms (BLAISE, RLIN,
microfiche [both editions], and CD-ROM) to remain
noted in SCF as background info for present records
that have such in their 510s (my suggestion). But for
new work, the citation form would be

ESTC (on-line)

As noted yesterday, this was agreed to by Henry Snyder
and Juliet McLaren, the initial question of what form
for post-RLIN ESTC raised by Alan Degutis of AAS.
Moira Goff at BL was also consulted.

Some rationale from Henry: "It occurs to me there
might be another alternative, ESTC (online). There are
several hundred accounts working off our webpage. It
is the same file, if you like a generic one,
accessible through two webpages, bl and ucr. This
would cover both or any other form of access that
might be devised in the future. What we really want to
indicate is the information is derived from the online
access and implicit is the fact that it is under
constant revision ..."

Juliet suggested (and Henry later agreed) to the
hyphenated "on-line".

I have not yet moved this forward through CPSO and
CDS, so if there is anything further, Randal, would
you please cc me at the erob at loc.gov address on the
final verdict?

Thanks much.

Elizabeth Robinson