[DCRM-L] DCRM(B) cataloging in OCLC

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Wed Sep 12 16:39:08 MDT 2007

I wasn't aware of the form you've shown us, Randy--I've been reporting
duplicates using the "Report error" choice on the "Action" menu--I
usually say something like: "Records X, Y and Z are duplicates. Please
retain record Z" (I "report error" when I'm actually in record Z). I
haven't ever checked back to see if anything was done--does anyone know
if this works for duplicate reporting? Nobody at OCLC has ever contacted
me to say I was doing the wrong thing, and it seems to me to be an
easier method than finding the form (I'll inevitably lose the URL :-) I
agree that reporting duplicates is A Good Thing.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Catalog Librarian
Genre/Form Authorities Librarian
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602