[DCRM-L] DNB

Fri Sep 21 07:20:19 MDT 2007

Thanks to everyone, especially Manon and Brian, for clinching it. To
sum, in the 670 it should be Oxford DNB, [date searched], and in the
675, Oxford DNB

_____________________________
Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library
djleslie at folger.edu
http://www.folger.edu <http://www.folger.edu/>

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Hillyard, Brian
Sent: Friday, 21 September, 2007 08:54
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] DNB

Here are  the Oxford DNB's own notes on how they want to be cited.
Since the online version also gives access to the earlier DNB articles
where they exist, I think that Oxford DNB is preferable as the basis for
the citation (at this point I'm not entering the discussion about the
precise citation) making it clear that one is  referring to the latest
article.

Brian

Dr Brian Hillyard

Rare Book Collections Manager

National Library of Scotland

George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EW

E-mail: b.hillyard at nls.uk

Direct dial: +44 (0)131 623 3889

Fax: +44 (0)131 623 3888

To cite an article from the Oxford DNB, please use one of the forms
below. The Oxford DNB style is our own preferred citation form, and may
be used as a default style.

Oxford DNB

A. W. Moore, 'Williams, Sir Bernard Arthur Owen (1929-2003)', Oxford
Dictionary of National Biography, online edn, Oxford University Press,
Jan 2007 [http://www.oxforddnb.com/view/article/90066, accessed 21 Sept
2007]

Chicago (notes)

A. W. Moore, "Williams, Sir Bernard Arthur Owen (1929-2003)," in Oxford
Dictionary of National Biography, online ed., ed. Lawrence Goldman,
Oxford: OUP, January 2007, http://www.oxforddnb.com/view/article/90066
(accessed September 21, 2007).

Chicago (bibliography)

Moore, A. W.. "Williams, Sir Bernard Arthur Owen (1929-2003)." In Oxford
Dictionary of National Biography, online ed., edited by Lawrence
Goldman. Oxford: OUP, January 2007.
http://www.oxforddnb.com/view/article/90066 (accessed September 21,
2007).

MLA

Moore, A. W.. "Williams, Sir Bernard Arthur Owen (1929-2003)." Oxford
Dictionary of National Biography. Online ed. Ed. Lawrence Goldman.
Oxford: OUP, Jan. 2007. 21 Sept. 2007
<http://www.oxforddnb.com/view/article/90066>.

  _____