[DCRM-L] cataloging rare maps in books

Fletcher, Jain jfletchr at library.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 12 15:46:22 MDT 2008

Hi,
   This was brought up at the Bib Standards Cte meeting, when everyone
was reporting progress on the various formats under the DCRM "suite".
This topic was being reported by LC map catalogers, who were talking
about some of the issues that they would be trying to include in
newly-started work on DCRM Cartography.  I believe they said that they
would be addressing the concept "analytic" cataloging of maps in books.
You might want to stay on top of their reports or comments, if they are
active on the Bib Stds site...
								--Jain

Jain Fletcher
Principal Cataloger & Head, Technical Services Division
Department of Special Collections
Young Research Library - UCLA Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575

v: (310) 794-4096
f: (310) 206-1864
e: jfletchr at library.ucla.edu