[DCRM-L] Oops on digraphs

Wed Jan 9 13:21:33 MST 2008

It doesn't matter only because we've already got DCRM(B) in print. The
deletion of that sentence from the LCRI came just months after our
discussion on "reconsidering digraphs;" I'm just really, really sorry
that it slipped by all of us.

__________________________
Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20003
202.675-0369
djleslie at folger.edu | http://www.folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Richard Noble
Sent: Wednesday, 09 January, 2008 15:09
To: DCRM Revision Group List; ElizRob at alum.emory.edu; DCRM Revision
Group List
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Oops on digraphs

I suppose it doesn't matter that in this respect, at least (though not
in others), DCRM and LCRI diverge, even though the intent of the DCRM
instructions was to bring them into conformity with LCRI? That was a
concession, after all--and is now an anomalous legacy--since the
divergences from AACR are all otherwise in the direction of more exact
transcription.

Anyway, as I noted previously, the deletion of the sentence in question
was quite recent (CSB 112, summer 2005) and perhaps rather too hard to
spot.

RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOKS CATALOGER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN
UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-2093 :
RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU