[DCRM-L] BSC response to IFLA Statement on International Cataloguing Principles

Rettberg, Dan drettberg at huc.edu
Mon Jun 16 08:23:32 MDT 2008

I have not yet had the opportunity to see the IFLA document discussed
below. In the attachment, however, I note the statement that current
rare book and manuscript cataloging standards are in some way informed
by FRBR. Can someone clarify this for me? It seems an odd thing to say
considering that the roots of DCRM go back at least to the beginning of
the 1990's.

Thanks,

Dan Rettberg
Rare Book and Manuscript Bibliographer
Klau Library
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion
3101 Clifton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45220-2488

drettberg at huc.edu