[DCRM-L] DCRM(Feast)?

Gillis, Jane jane.gillis at yale.edu
Tue Jun 17 09:45:57 MDT 2008

Here are some possibilities.  When I gert a number of people and a place, I will try to make reservations.  We should have an easier time since it is Monday evening:

Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar
1580 S. Disneyland Dr., Ste. 106 (Ball Rd.) Anaheim, CA 92802

Food Decor Service Price
22 21 21 $38

"Unwind" from all the "Mickey madness" at this little slice of "culinary heaven" in Anaheim where an "approachable" menu of "nicely prepared" Mediterranean dishes brought out by "kid-friendly" servers makes it "hands-down one of the best choices" after a day at the park; a few critics cite "uneven" quality, but the majority insists it's a "great choice", especially "on a warm summer evening" when dining on the deck supplies "perfect people-watching."

55 Steakhouse & Lounge<javascript:doEndecaNavigate('/Verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=114272');>

1150 Magic Way
(Downtown Dr.)
Anaheim, CA | Map<javascript:OpenWindow('/verticals/PropertyDirection.aspx?VID=8&R=114272',670,670,'no','no','no','no','yes','yes','0')>

Food  23
Decor  23
Service  22
Cost  $42

A hi-glam remodel lures chophouse fans to this steakhouse in Anaheim's Disneyland Hotel for a "fine-dining extravaganza" where "wonderful old photos" on the walls spotlight Walt's 'after dark' escapades with Hollywood royalty; the "friendly staff" ensures you're well treated, but even enthusiasts find the fare "a bit pricey" while foes say it "doesn't dazzle."

Mr. Stox<javascript:doEndecaNavigate('/Verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=49561');>

1105 E. Katella Ave.
(bet. Lewis St. & State College Blvd.)
Anaheim, CA | Map<javascript:OpenWindow('/verticals/PropertyDirection.aspx?VID=8&R=49561',670,670,'no','no','no','no','yes','yes','0')>

Food  24
Decor  23
Service  25
Cost  $52

This "OC icon" in Anaheim "continues to shine" for "first-rate" "straightforward" New American cuisine paired with "incredible wines", making it a "standby for any occasion"; it's "pricey", but "top-notch" treatment from the "attentive, knowledgeable staff" "defines class" and makes the "clubby", "old-fashioned" mahogany-and-hunter-green decor with "cozy booths" and a fireplace all the more "relaxing."

Anaheim White House<javascript:doEndecaNavigate('/Verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=49093');>

887 S. Anaheim Blvd.
(Ball Rd.)
Anaheim, CA | Map<javascript:OpenWindow('/verticals/PropertyDirection.aspx?VID=8&R=49093',670,670,'no','no','no','no','yes','yes','0')>

Food  24
Decor  22
Service  24
Cost  $54

"go-to place" "when you want something special", this "stately" restored Anaheim manor house with silk-draped ceilings provides "over-the-top" meals of "divine" Northern Italian specialties plated in "eye-catching" presentations; hospitality is "polished" "beyond expectations" (owner "Bruno Serato is a maestro of charm"), and while protestors may balk at the price and find the setting overly "florid", they're outvoted by constituents who insist this "OC classic" "makes dining out an event."

So far I have:

John Attig
Stephen Skuce
Deborah J. Leslie
Erin Blake

Am I missing people?  Get back to me with names.  I will make the reservation for 6:30, but I will be there by 6.  I know that some of you are meeting until 6.  I will have to leave by 7, I think.

Jane