[DCRM-L] wormholes

Margaret Nichols mnr1 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 14 12:34:04 MST 2008

I like the phrase "Post-Production Evidence" because it can
accommodate non-human occurrences such as worming, water damage,
light damage, and insect damage, which might not be clearly covered
by a phrase like "Provenance, use, treatment and other evidence."
Just my two cents (which, in the current economic climate, probably
have fallen to one cent in value)--

Best,

Margaret

At 12:31 PM 11/14/2008, you wrote:
>Larry's on the right track (and I think it's a perfectly serious matter
>that the title of a thesaurus has proved to be somewhat misleading).
>It's hard not to be wordy, but perhaps something on the order of
>"Provenance, use, treatment and other evidence in books", or "Evidence
>of ownership, use, treatment, etc." Even without "etc." that seems to
>indicate the range of phenomena, including the consequences of neglect,
>abuse, and interference.
>
>Richard

Margaret Nichols
Head, Special Materials Unit