[DCRM-L] ESTC and the revision of SCF [SPAM *32.500]

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Wed Sep 17 17:22:11 MDT 2008

ESTC is an example of such a database, I think, though the URLs for individual items are rather unwieldy and I don’t know if they’re persistent or not. (I’m just copying the MARC record directly from ESTC except for the 510):

1001 |a Adams, John, |d 1662-1720.
24513 |a An essay concerning self-murther. |b Wherein is endeavour'd to prove, that it is unlawful according to natural principles. With some considerations upon what is pretended from the said principles, by the author of a treatise, intituled, Biathanatos, and others. By J. Adams, rector of St. Alban Woodstreet, and chaplain in ordinary to His Majesty.
260 |a London : |b printed for Tho. Bennet, at the Half-Moon, in St. Paul's Church-Yard, |c 1700.
300 |a [16], 320 p. ; |c 8⁰.
500 |a A reply to: Donne, John. Biathanatos.
5104 |a ESTC, |c R22152 |u http://estc.bl.uk/F/4TX5JVFXJ2Q77YMFP1NBEUMSUH4HL3BKFBSKRYRX74MUUK734V-01737?func=full-set-set&set_number=144645&set_entry=000001&format=999

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Head, Special Collections and Metadata Catalog Dept.
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
(801)422-5568