[DCRM-L] ESTC and the revision of SCF

Nickeson, Walter wnickeson at library.rochester.edu
Thu Sep 18 06:52:57 MDT 2008

Since a 510 $u doesn’t link to full text (which is what I think a new user would expect on a first encounter), nor (necessarily) to a local copy of the work cited, nor even to a retrievable copy of the work, and since it may well prove to be an impermanent link as systems change and data migrates, I’m wondering if it’s worth it. Perhaps just giving more information in plain text is better.

  Walter F. Nickeson, Catalog &
    Metadata Management Librarian
  Rush Rhees Library
  University of Rochester