[DCRM-L] approx. plate count

Tue Sep 30 08:42:50 MDT 2008

Posted by request on behalf of Silvana Notarmaso

-----Original Message-----
From: silvanan at mptek.net [mailto:silvanan at mptek.net]
Sent: Monday, 29 September, 2008 12:48
To: Deborah J. Leslie
Subject: approx. plate count

I need to know the best way to record an approx. plate count in the
statement of extent. The book I'm cataloging has a lot of plates (over
100) and it is very large, hard to manipulate and the plates are
awkwardly arranged. Every record/description I've found for it gives a
different number but all seem to fall with a range of 108-114. Is "ca.
#" a valid option here?

One more thing, I am trying to keep up with the develpment of RDA and how
it will affect the DCRM cataloging rules. Can you recommend any sites or sources
that discuss this topic?

Thanks,
Silvana Notarmaso