[DCRM-L] Shelf list card catalog.

Will Evans evans at bostonathenaeum.org
Tue Jun 2 11:27:51 MDT 2009

Here at the BA we stopped maintaining a shelflist for circulating and rare
materials on January 8, 2009.  We plan to keep the lists for the rare
material, but it will not be added to as we acquire new rare materials.
There were many reasons for the decision, cost being one of them. I believe
it is becoming increasingly expensive for OCLC to provide the service, as so
few libraries request printed cards.

Since we've stopped, I'm amazed at how much time we all save, not
maintaining the list!

Will Evans

Will Evans
Rare Materials Catalog Librarian