[DCRM-L] Question re. Unusual Imprint

Bolze, Thomas thomas.bolze at yale.edu
Fri Oct 2 09:18:25 MDT 2009

Colleagues -

I have a German-language item with the following imprint:

Erstlich getruckt zu Mittelburg, im Iahr 1594, nachgetruckt im Iahr 1620.

My question is how this would be entered in the 260, since there's no indication of where the reprint was done.  Would all of this go in the subfield c, eg.:

260 __ $a [Germany? : $b s.n.], $c erstlich getruckt zu Mittelburg, im Iahr 1594, nachgetruckt im Iahr 1620.

Or would a portion of the imprint instead be transcribed in the subfield a?

Many thanks for your advice.

Tom Bolze
Catalog Librarian
Rare Book Team