[DCRM-L] Question re. Unusual Imprint

Fletcher, Jain jfletchr at library.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 2 10:30:57 MDT 2009

Hi, Tom,

   I'll let others test the new rules to see if they cover this
situation (so many permutations of publication statements in "real life
situations", it's impossible to be sure they've all been taken care of
in the various scenarios considered in the process of creating rules). I
am just going to respond to one of your points. It's true there is no
indication of where the imprint was done the second time, but my feeling
is that there is a pretty strong possibility that "no indication" means
there was no change (repetition not being worth the extra type). So, for
that reason, I would think you have a fairly good reason to put
[Mittleburg?] in your subfield $a.
--Jain

Jain Fletcher
Principal Cataloger & Head, Technical Services Division
Department of Special Collections
Young Research Library - UCLA Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575

v: (310) 794-4096
f: (310) 206-1864
e: jfletchr at library.ucla.edu <mailto:jfletchr at library.ucla.edu>