[DCRM-L] signatures with *

Kate Moriarty moriarks at slu.edu
Thu Oct 15 15:38:35 MDT 2009

Charles,

I've always gone ahead and used the * character even though it looks like a
superscript (though from Mike's response it sounds like it may not be) and
looks a bit odd preceding a superscript number. I've interpreted DCRM(B)
7B9.2 as allowing the use of the character since the character it exists,
but that may be because I've gotten used to automatically reading asterisks
in signature statements as baseline characters, not superscripts.

-Kate

--
Kate S. Moriarty, MSW, MLS  |  Rare Book Catalog Librarian  |  Pius XII
Memorial Library  |