[DCRM-L] Expert Community Experiment Results: OCLC Webinar invitation

Dooley,Jackie dooleyj at oclc.org
Thu Sep 3 12:17:01 MDT 2009

Greetings, DCRMers--

I don't know how many of you see this OCLC listserv (NETLIST-L), but it occurs to me that this webinar might be of interest to some. I can think of strong reasons for conversation among rare book catalogers about what is and isn't appropriate to add to OCLC master records in our context. In this Brave New World of "expert community" involvement with the WorldCat database, my initial instinct is that there could be good justification for enhancing records well beyond what the basic bib record standards encourage.

Secondarily, it could be interesting in the WorldCat Local context.

A possible MASC discussion topic for 2010? I'd love to know, for example, to what extent rare book catalogers are enhancing master records with genre/form terms.

Jackie Dooley
Consulting Archivist, OCLC Research and the RLG Partnership
dooleyj at oclc.org
949.492.5060 (office/home)
949.295.1529 (mobile)