[DCRM-L] Cataloging of single leaves

Dooley,Jackie dooleyj at oclc.org
Tue Apr 6 14:23:57 MDT 2010

I would like to second Richard’s statement about local protocols. As “repurposing” of our data (of all kinds) becomes more and more prevalent, local practice that’s inconsistent with standards will cause real problems down the line. In addition to field display, another increasingly important aspect of WorldCat is its ability to point searchers to libraries that have relevant holdings—so it’s no longer even safe to mess with holdings standards without risking loss of systemwide functionality. –Jackie

Jackie Dooley

Consulting Archivist

OCLC Research and the RLG Partnership