[DCRM-L] DCRM and RDA

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 17:41:11 MST 2010

Thanks, Bob and John.

I've been creating some test records myself this month (as one of the
"unofficial testers" - we're contributing records to the test file but
not to OCLC). I've been confused about how I should code my records
though. Since an RDA-ized version of DCRM(B) doesn't exist yet, it
doesn't seem "right" to code them $e dcrmb. Since RDA doesn't follow
some DCRM(B) practices, it doesn't seem right to code them "rda". I
guess a combination of the two $e codes at this point means you can
pretty much do whatever you want- pick and choose which instructions
to follow for which elements. The LCPS seemed like an easy way out!

-Manon