[DCRM-L] approved DCRM change proposals

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 17:24:29 MST 2010

A procedural question:

How will approved changes get incorporated into Cataloger's Desktop
(for those DCRM modules already published)? And how will replacement
pages be made available/advertised via these sites:

http://www.loc.gov/cds/PDFdownloads/dcrm/index.html
http://www.rbms.info/committees/bibliographic_standards/dcrm/dcrmtext.html
Note: the first link on this site (which is supposed to take you to
"Description and ordering information") is dead; I think the new URL
is: http://www.loc.gov/cds/products/product.php?productID=26

I assume the Bibliographic Standards Committee chair will need to
communicate the changes to CDS? And the updates will appear on a
quarterly basis (in Cataloger's Desktop anyway)? Will CDS supply the
replacement pages for the website or does BSC need to do that? Will
someone purchasing the print edition for the first time also receive a
packet of corrected pages?

Apologies in advance if I missed discussion of these issues at a BSC meeting...

-Manon

 --
 Manon Théroux
 Head of Technical Services