[DCRM-L] Discussion paper on DCRM and RDA available

Stephen A Skuce skuce at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 17 12:23:24 MST 2010

Hello,

At the Bibliographic Standards Committee meeting in San Diego at 8 a.m. on January 8, 2011, the agenda will include discussion of a paper by John Attig and Bob Maxwell entitled "Reconsidering DCRM in the Light of RDA."

The paper is available now in the Bib Standards area on rbms.info, as the first item under "Committee Documents":

http://rbms.info/committees/bibliographic_standards/index.shtml

The discussion paper provides a clear and intelligent summary of the issues with which Bib Standards, the body responsible for producing the DCRM suite, will have to contend in the likely event that RDA is implemented.

BSC is not soliciting comments at this time, in part because we may revise the paper, and devise in initial approach, after discussion at ALA Midwinter. We will, however, be seeking guidance and advice as we move forward. And of course the BSC meeting welcomes visitors and invites their participation.

The Bibliographic Standards Committee is extremely grateful to John Attig and Bob Maxwell for producing an intelligent and hugely helpful document that provides us with tools to help us move forward as we continue to create, and revise, DCRM.

Stephen Skuce
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee