[DCRM-L] Call no. flags

Margaret F Nichols mnr1 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 11 12:49:48 MST 2010

We use Gary Strawn's spine labeling program, Vger Select (if I'm remembering the name correctly), to print out the call numbers onto acid-free stiff paper (8 call numbers to a sheet), which we then cut up to make book tabs that we insert into the books. The great thing about this is that it avoids the typos we used to get when we had to transcribe the call number from Voyager to type it on the book tab. The printed book tabs are very clear, too, which helps avoid mis-shelving due to someone's misreading of the call number on the tab.

Margaret