[DCRM-L] Call no. flags

Jennifer K. Nelson jnelson at law.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 11 13:31:29 MST 2010

Here we use rare book ID strips without tabs, also for the reason cited
by Eric. The kind I order is from Hollinger Metal Edge, product #
IDNT110. They are long so, as is, they work well for large format books.
For smaller books we just cut them in half. I chose these because I like
the thinner width, and I like that they don't have tabs.

We pencil the call number on the tag (which, yes, leads to the
occasional transcription error). We also pencil the call no. inside the
book in case the tab gets separated from the book.

Jennny

--
Jennifer K. Nelson
Reference Librarian