[DCRM-L] Call no. flags

Mary Person person at law.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 11 13:19:29 MST 2010

Here we use strips of acid-free paper and pencil the call numbers on the
front and system i.d. number on the verso, at the time of cataloging.
Neat hand writing helps!

Many years ago the library used paper strips with cutout flaps with the
same result that Eric Holzenberg describes below --they were also
non-acidic. Two reasons why we now replace them whenever we come across
them.

Since they do fall out sometimes, we also write the system i.d. no.
(discretely) in the book.

Mary Person

Rare Books Cataloger

Historical & Special Collections