[DCRM-L] Numbering relating to "none of the parallel series titles" in DCRM(B) and (S)

Erin Blake EBlake at FOLGER.edu
Tue Jan 5 20:09:12 MST 2010

One of the many DCRM(G) reviewers (thanks, all!) asked a question that stumped me, but that reviewer and I are obviously missing something that everyone else "gets" because the exact same phrase is used in DCRM(B) and DCRM(S). In the section on Numbering relating to parallel series titles, 6F3.2 in DCRM(B) and 6G3.2. in DCRM(S), it says:

"However, if the numbering relates to all, more than one, or none of the parallel series titles, transcribe it at the end of the series statement."

A DCRM(G) reviewer asks "Why would you include the numbering, if it refers to 'none of the series titles?'"

Ummm... okay, I give up. Why?

Thanks,

  EB.

Erin C. Blake, Ph.D. | Curator of Art & Special Collections | Folger Shakespeare Library | 201 E. Capitol St. SE | Washington, DC 20003-1004 | office tel. 202.675-0323 | fax 202.675-0328 | e-mail: eblake at folger.edu