[DCRM-L] Millennium load profiles

Ryan ryan.hildebrand at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 7 14:29:33 MST 2010

Dear all,

I have a few questions for those of you who play a role in the management of
cataloging operations in libraries using Millennium: Do you use batch loads
or interactive export (or perhaps a combination)? Why? I'd especially like
to hear from anyone who has switched from batch to interactive.

Is your library tied to a larger entity (e.g., are you a special collections
unit within a university library system)? Assuming profiles are maintained
inside your library, but outside of your domain, how do you negotiate the
addition or alteration of profiles/tables?

I'd appreciate any and all responses, long or short, on or off list. I'll be
glad to provide a summary if there is a desire. Feel free to forward this to
others.

Best,

Ryan

--