[DCRM-L] Pamphlets subdivision

Fri May 28 12:34:21 MDT 2010

Probably everybody in the entire cataloging community but me has been aware of this handy form subdivision. But on the off chance: I just now discovered a form subdivision in LCSH for Pamphlets, scoped thus:

ǂi Use as a form subdivision under 16th, 17th and 18th century period subdivisions of European and American history and under individual wars for short, separately published, usually polemical essays or treatises regarding controversial issues of contemporary interest, especially political or religious matters.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
RBMS Chair 2009-2010 | Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E. | Washington, D.C. 20003 | 202.675-0369
djleslie at folger.edu | http://www.folger.edu <http://www.folger.edu/>