[DCRM-L] OCLC de-duping algorithms and dates of publication

dooleyj dooleyj at oclc.org
Tue Nov 2 18:03:13 MDT 2010

Thanks for the correction, Erin, and I¹ll ask Jay about published graphics.
I¹ll be surprised if they¹ve felt the need to establish a cut-off ...

-Jackie

From: Erin Blake <eblake at folger.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 20:00:41 -0400
To: DCRM-L <dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu>
Subject: [DCRM-L] OCLC de-duping algorithms and dates of publication

Following up on Jackie¹s message about the OCLC webinar, note that it was
specifically pre-1800 books that Jay said were exempt from OCLC¹s de-duping
algorithms, not pre-1800 imprints. For cartographic materials, Jay said the
cut-off date was 1900. He didn¹t mention a date for published graphic
materials. Does anyone know what the cut-off date there is?

Thanks,

   Erin.

Erin C. Blake, Ph.D.  |  Curator of Art & Special Collections  |  Folger
Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE  | Washington, DC 20003-1004