[DCRM-L] DPC: remove card catalog vocabulary from general instructions on notes in 7A1.4

Erin Blake EBlake at FOLGER.edu
Wed Nov 24 20:05:15 MST 2010

Discussion of proposed change to DCRM text:

Issue: DCRM(B) and DCRM(S) 7A1.4. both say "Notes may also be made to
justify added entries intended for special files of personal or
corporate names, titles, genres/forms, physical characteristics,
provenance, etc." The reference to "special files" implies separate
sections of a card catalog.

Proposed change: remove the reference to "special files." Revised
wording would be "Notes may also be made to justify added entries for
personal or corporate names, titles, genres/forms, physical
characteristics, provenance, etc."

BSC members have one week to vote on this proposed change at
http://connect.ala.org/node/118529 (poll closes December 1 at 9:01pm
CST).

Apologies in advance: I fear this is too minor a change to bother the
whole List and BSC with, but I didn't want to start with something that
seems to be a Big Deal.

Thanks,

   EB.

Erin C. Blake, Ph.D.  |  Curator of Art & Special Collections  |  Folger
Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE  | Washington, DC
20003-1004  |  office tel. (202) 675-0323  |  fax:  (202) 675-0328  |
eblake at folger.edu  |  www.folger.edu