[DCRM-L] DPC: Discussing proposed changes to DCRM text on DCRM-L

Erin Blake EBlake at FOLGER.edu
Thu Nov 25 09:51:22 MST 2010

1) Black-out periods over Thanksgiving and Dec. 22-Jan2 or so makes
sense (as someone without family nearby, I tend to forget this: holidays
are when I can catch up on extra-curricular work!)

2) The discussion is open to everyone on DCRM-L, since there are many
more people with interest and expertise on the list than are able to
attend BSC meetings. Only BSC members are able to vote, but I assume
that it's unlikely a majority of BSC members would vote for something
that is overwhelmingly disapproved of by list members.

3) Some issues will definitely need face-to-face discussion (or
additional face-to-face discussion with a larger group: many issue will
already have been discussed in person by a particular DCRM team, which
then brings it to the list for further discussion and ratification). The
DPC process will prevent issues that can simply be "consent agenda"
items at BSC from taking up valuable meeting time. I've added a third
option to the test poll: Agree; Disagree; Save for face-to-face
discussion at BSC meeting instead.

Thanks,

   EB.