[DCRM-L] Examples to Accompany DCRM(B) is now ready for comments!

Schneider, Nina nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 11 13:14:13 MDT 2010

We are excited to announce that Examples to Accompany Descriptive
Cataloging of Rare Materials (Books) is ready for comments from the
cataloging community. The Examples have been migrated from the team's
wiki to the Wordpress blog, Digress.it.

We are seeking comments on this platform to enable and encourage a
dialogue about the accuracy and appropriateness of the examples that
illustrate DCRM(B) rules. Those of you who attended the Preconference
were able to get a sneak peek of how Digress.it works.

Five to six examples will be released each week. The first set of
examples will remain available when the second set is posted, and the
second set will remain available as the third set is posted, and so on,
until every example is available. There are approximately  75 examples
and we encourage your submissions and suggestions for other
bibliographic records that may illustrate a rule we've overlooked, or
perhaps illustrate a rule with more clarity.

To participate in this process, simply point your browser to:
http://rbms.info/digress/

There is no need to create an account to make comments, but all comments
are previewed by a moderator. Detailed instructions are available at the
top right side of the front page.

If you have any questions, just let us know.

Thanks very much!

Nina Schneider & Jane Carpenter, co-chairs

Nina Schneider

Head Cataloger

William Andrews Clark Memorial Library

2520 Cimarron Street