[DCRM-L] Temporary Closure of University of St Andrews Special Collections

Daryl Green dtg4 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 04:01:03 MST 2011

Dear colleagues (apologies for cross-postings),

In preparation for the upcoming refurbishment of St Andrews University Library's main building, the Department of Special Collections is currently moving to temporary accommodation. To enable the move to be completed to a strict deadline, it has become necessary to close the department with effect from 7th February 2011. Access to our staff, collections and other services will therefore not be possible between February and June 2011.  We expect to begin a phased reintroduction of service during June 2011. The University apologises for the inconvenience this closure will cause, and the rescheduling of work it may necessitate. Please refer to the Library website (http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/library) for the latest information. For urgent enquiries only, please contact the department on speccoll at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:speccoll at st-andrews.ac.uk>

We would be grateful if you could pass this information on to anyone you know who might be affected by our relocation.

With regards,
Daryl Green

Daryl Green
Rare Books Cataloguer
Department of Special Collections
University of St. Andrews Library

***Please note that in preparation for the upcoming refurbishment of the University Library, the Department of Special Collections is currently closed.***

Access to our staff, collections and other services will not be possible between February and June 2011 as we will be fully employed with the relocation of the department. The University apologises for the inconvenience this closure will cause, and the rescheduling of work it may necessitate. Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated. Please refer to the Library website (http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/library) for the latest information. For urgent enquiries only, please contact the department on speccoll at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:speccoll at st-andrews.ac.uk>.

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532