[DCRM-L] Midwinter program (Mon 8:30am) on known-item searching in WorldCat Local

dooleyj dooleyj at oclc.org
Wed Jan 5 14:19:40 MST 2011

I¹m bringing this to the attention of RBMSers who have concerns about how
difficult it can be to find known items using OCLC¹s WorldCat Local and
worldcat.org interfaces. I encourage you to attend and represent rare book
and manuscripts examples. -Jackie

--
Jackie Dooley
Program Officer

949.492.5060 (work/home) -- Pacific Time
949.295.1529 (mobile)

OCLC Research advances exploration, innovation and community building for
libraries, archives, and museums.

------

WorldCat Local Known-item Searching Focus Group
We understand known-item searching is important to WorldCat Local users.
Librarians and patrons have reported problems in the past so we are working
to improve known-item searching.  This meeting is an opportunity for
librarians who support WorldCat Local users to meet with us for an in-person
discussion about the problems their users have encountered with this feature
and suggestions for improvements.

We want to hear from you about what kinds of known items and searches are
most important for your users. Participants should plan to bring specific
examples of known-item searches that have not delivered appropriate results
to their users.  Please feel free to bring print copies of examples or send
them in advance to Arnold Arcolio (arcolioa at oclc.org
<mailto:arcolioa at oclc.org> ).

Meeting details:
Monday, January 10, 2011
8:30 ­ 10:00
Hilton Bayfront Hotel, OCLC Blue Suite (ask for room number at Hilton reg
desk)
Register <http://registration.oclc.org/reg/?pc=WCLFG011011>  (Note:  Please
be sure to register as we may need to limit registration to 15 attendees.)