[DCRM-L] Strange signatures from Caen

Jane Stemp Wickenden jane.wickenden at zen.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 18:19:58 MDT 2011

Hi Bob,

Speaking from a less expert point of view I would have one note “Signatures: A⁸ B⁴” and another “Single gathering of 12 leaves; B1 conjoint with A4 and A1 with B4”. So, pretty much as you have it. And then leave the experts to work out the puzzle ;->.

Does the fact that the chain lines are all vertical argue for some sort of concertina folding… ? experts will have to forgive me, I have not gone so far into details of collation, and it is after midnight here.

Best wishes

Jane

  _____