[DCRM-L] DPC: minor wording change to 7A1.1 for clarity

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Sat May 21 10:55:43 MDT 2011

The DCRM(B) sentence is a carryover from DCRB. I never found it
confusing. But, I guess some do? Responding to Lenore's suggested
wording:

Shouldn't the "which" be a "that"?  I don't have ready access to the
latest Chicago Manual of Style at home, but I was always taught "that"
should be used to introduce a restrictive clause and "which" should be
used to introduce a non-restrictive clause.

Also, I'd maybe split the sentence into two. Something like:

7A1.1. Notes qualify and amplify the formal description. They are
especially appropriate for recording information that the rules may
exclude from the other areas of the description.

-Manon