[DCRM-L] B3: query for those experienced with books signed with Greek characters

Sun Oct 16 14:03:05 MDT 2011

Randy Brandt added this query to the DCRM Editorial Guidelines:

(B)7B9.9: RSB note: It would be nice to have a chart showing upper-case
letters; the only book I've ever cataloged with Greek signatures had
them in all caps; this chart of lower-case equivalents was not useful.
Could the same be applied to 7B9.10?

Manon, Erin and I discussed replacing the lowercase Greek characters in
the chart with Greek caps. Does Randy's experience coincide with
others'? Even if you've only cataloged one such book. Since Greek
numbers are formed from Greek alphabetic characters, it would be good to
have it confirmed that the book is signed with Greek alpha rather than
numeric characters.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare
Library

djleslie at folger.edu <mailto:djleslie at folger.edu>  | 202.675-0369 |
www.folger.edu