[DCRM-L] DPC: Clarify and simplify wording in 4C10

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Mon Oct 17 10:47:56 MDT 2011

I wonder if the wording "a short identifiable form" might unintentionally bring back formulations like "The Museum", which were abolished from AACR2 (formerly in AACR2 1.4D4)? In the context of the whole record, "The Museum" was short and identifiable, since the human reader could  see the name of the museum in the title and statement of responsibility area, but in the context of machine readable cataloging (and field searching) it was not.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Catalog Librarian
Genre/Form Authorities Librarian
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602