[DCRM-L] B3: query for those experienced with books signed with Greek characters

Carpenter, Jane jfcarpenter at library.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 17 11:22:25 MDT 2011

I think Randy makes a good point--the DCRMB 7B9.9 example includes uppercase Greek characters.  Signatures in uppercase Greek letters are not all that rare (e.g., Etymologicum magnum (1499), the Giunta Lysis (1551), Theodoret's Dialogi tres contra quasdam haereses (1547)).  I'd like to see a chart with both upper and lower case Greek characters, as well as the Greek name of each letter.

Jane Carpenter
Special Collections Cataloger
UCLA Library Special Collections