[DCRM-L] Latin abbreviations and RDA

Fri Apr 27 10:00:30 MDT 2012

Friday chuckle:

I don't want to bother the larger cataloging community with this, but working my way through RDA, I've noticed a delicious irony in RDA text vis-à-vis its attitude about Latin abbreviations in the cataloging record.

"The term work refers to a distinct intellectual or artistic creation (i.e., the intellectual or artistic content)."

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library | 201 East Capitol St., S.E. | Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu<mailto:djleslie at folger.edu> | 202.675-0369 | http://www.folger.edu<http://www.folger.edu/>