[DCRM-L] Latin abbreviations and RDA

Elizabeth O'Keefe EOKEEFE at themorgan.org
Fri Apr 27 10:22:44 MDT 2012

The beast flesh is creeping back ... . Time to burn all the animal (I
mean Latin) out of it.

Liz O'Keefe

Elizabeth O'Keefe
Director of Collection Information Systems
The Morgan Library & Museum
225 Madison Avenue
New York, NY  10016-3405

TEL: 212 590-0380
FAX: 212-768-5680
NET: eokeefe at themorgan.org

Visit CORSAIR, the Library’s comprehensive collections catalog, now
on
the web at
http://corsair.themorgan.org

>>> "Deborah J. Leslie" <DJLeslie at FOLGER.edu> 4/27/2012 12:00 PM >>>
Friday chuckle:

I don't want to bother the larger cataloging community with this, but
working my way through RDA, I've noticed a delicious irony in RDA text
vis-à-vis its attitude about Latin abbreviations in the cataloging
record.

"The term work refers to a distinct intellectual or artistic creation
(i.e., the intellectual or artistic content)."

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Head of Cataloging, Folger
Shakespeare Library | 201 East Capitol St., S.E. | Washington, D.C.
20003
djleslie at folger.edu<mailto:djleslie at folger.edu> | 202.675-0369 |
http://www.folger.edu<http://www.folger.edu/>