[DCRM-L] RDA-acceptable: Indicating misprints

Allison Jai O'Dell ajodell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:22:56 MDT 2012

One example jumps to mind -- if a particular issue has a misprint, but
other issues of the same edition are corrected or somehow different.  In
this instance, a researcher might be searching under a different phrase for
the title/edition.  (And this sort of a thing is more common in the rare
materials world.)

However, I agree with you that adding a correction for the sake of
indicating that one is transcribing the title accurately is counter to RDA
rules and logic, and is in some ways counter to the spirit of DCRM that
favors exact transcriptions.

Personally, I would prefer corrections to be given either at the end of the
transcribed title, or in an additional title field, so as to maintain the
transcribed title as a phrase.

- Allison